The Government has appointed the following persons to be members of the Advisory Council of the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat:
• Lena Gustafsson, Professor and former Vice-Chancellor, Umeå University.
• Anna Jöborn, Director of the Science Affairs Department, The Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management.
• Mark Marissink, Deputy Director, The Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.
• Dag Avango, Professor and Head of Subject, Luleå University of Technology
• Göran Boberg, Director of Earth Observation, The Swedish National Space Board
• Ann Fust, former Executive Director, The Swedish Research Council
The Director-General is the chairman of the Advisory Council and shall keep the Council informed about the activities of the organisation.