The Government has appointed the following persons to be members of the Advisory Council of the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat:
- Stefan Claesson, Professor at the Swedish Museum of Natural History.
- Lena Gustafsson, Professor and former Vice-Chancellor at Umeå University.
- Anna Jöborn, Director of the Science Affairs Department, Swedish Agency for Marine and Water Management.
- Lennart Nordh, former Director of Science, Swedish National Space Board.
- Peter Sköld, Professor, Arctic Research Centre at Umeå University (Arcum).
- Eva Thörnelöf, Head of Department, Swedish Environmental Protection Agency.
- Nina Wormbs, Head of Division of History of Science, Technology and Environment, KTH Royal Institute of Technology.
The Director-General is the chairman of the Advisory Council and shall keep the Council informed about the activities of the organisation.