The following brochures and books can be ordered from the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat. The publications are free unless otherwise stated, but postage costs are charged for large orders.
Please send your order to email@example.com. Don’t forget to enter your delivery address!
Antarctica is unique
The Swedish Antarctic Act requires all Swedes staying or conducting activities there to apply for a permit. This brochure gives a brief introduction to the continent and what to bear in mind while planning a trip to Antarctica.
The Antarctic Act (2006:924)
Sweden has passed a law to protect and conserve the environment in Antarctica, and to ensure compliance with international regulations.
Swedish Polar Research Secretariat
Brochure about the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat.
Abisko Scientific Research Station
Brochure about the Secretariat’s research station in Abisko.
Icebreaker Oden – a unique research platform
Brochure about the Swedish icebreaker Oden.
Wasa and Svea – research stations in Antarctica
Brochure about the Secretariat’s research stations in Dronning Maud Land, Antarctica.
High Latitudes – A History of Swedish Polar Travels and Research 1758–1980
High Latitudes is Professor Gösta Liljequist’s much appreciated work on Swedish polar research. Ambitious and well-informed, he covers just about everything that has happened in Swedish polar research during 200 years – people, equipment, geography, chronological facts and political and economical conditions that have had an effect on research. The book’s 608 pages are richly illustrated with photographs and maps. Published 1993. ISBN 91-970769-4-5.
Price: 150 SEK (excluding sales tax & postal charges)
The Swedish Polar Research Secretariat’s yearbook was published 1996–2012. The yearbook contains information about the Secretariat’s activities, annual accounts and cruise reports from the research expeditions.
Information about our research expeditions are now published in the Polar Research Portal.
- Yearbook 2012, ISBN 978-91-979762-2-0 (pdf 10 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2011, ISBN 978-91-979762-1-3 (pdf 12 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2010, ISBN 978-91-979762-0-6 (pdf 10 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2009, ISBN 978-91-973879-9-6 (pdf 6 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2008, ISBN 978-91-973879-8-9 (pdf 7 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2007, ISBN 978-91-973879-7-2 (pdf 6 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2006, ISBN 978-91-973879-6-5 (pdf 7 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2005, ISBN 91-973879-5-9 (pdf 9 MB, opens in new window)
- Yearbook 2004,ISBN 91-973879-4-0
- Yearbook 2003, ISBN 91-973879-3-2
- Yearbook 2002, ISBN 91-973879-2-4
- Yearbook 2001, ISBN 91-973879-1-6
- Yearbook 2000, ISBN 91-973879-0-8
- Yearbook 1999, ISBN 91-972261-9-X (Out of stock)
- Yearbook 1998,ISBN 91-972261-7-3
- Yearbook 1997, ISBN 91-972261-5-7 (Out of stock)
- Yearbook 1996, ISBN 91-972261-3-0 (Out of stock)