The Swedish Polar Research Secretariat has created an international Scientific Advisory Group (SAG). The task of the group is to provide strategic advice on research and research policy issues. The group is especially expected to provide international perspectives and experiences.
The Scientific Advisory Group consists of:
- Prof. em. Bengt Söderström, Lund University, Chair
- Dr. Susan Barr, Senior Advisor, Directorate for Cultural Heritage, Norway
- Prof. Jane E. Francis, director of British Antarctic Survey
- Prof. Konrad Steffen, director Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research
- Dr. Ulf Jonsell, Senior Research Officer, Swedish Polar Research Secretariat, Secretary